To ALL entrants, I want to let you know that I DO comment on all entries (with the exception of Splitcoast and Flickr) so if you don't see a comment from me, please check to see if there are any comments awaiting moderation or in SPAM. A lot of comments are in SPAM and bloggers don't realize it.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Christmas Place Card Clips by TEZA

Christmas Place Card Clips
by TEZA

Supply List:
Adhesive – I used my Scotch ATG 714 gun and it holds great!
Large Binder Clip
Patterned paper
Coordinating ribbon
Assorted embellishments
Instructions:
We are going to be using a very simple and inexpensive piece of office supply to create a very pretty photo holder, thank you gift, center piece, wedding shower/baby shower gift...anything really, the possibilities are endless! I’ve decided to make these as place card holders for our Christmas dinner!!

Your first step will be to cut your patterned paper to 2 x3.25 inches. Next you will add adhesive to the back of your patterned paper (you can also run it through your Xyron machine). I make sure that I have almost completely covered the back side of the pp with adhesive. After you have added your adhesive you will start to wrap it around the binder clip, I start by slipping the paper under the curved ridge and lining up the pp with the edges of the clip, this will make the clip look really nice and crisp. Press the pp firmly onto the metal clip.Now that your clip is nicely covered, you can add ribbon at the top so that you can insert a photo, or a stamped images or sentiment.Embellish and you are finished!!
Let us know if you try this project! It's a beautiful Christmas craft!!!

5 comments:

T... said...

I just love this idea, thanks Teza for doing up the tutorial for it....

Cheryl said...

Not only do I think these are cute I just finished making two!
http://neverenoughstamps.blogspot.com/

Jean Marie said...

very cute idea, I like that it is fast and easy to adapt to any type of dinner. TFS :)

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I might have to run out to Staples after dinner to buy some big binder clips.

Robin Gibson said...

Deanne, LOVE this idea!